Disasters can affect anyone, at any time. Are you NAVY READY?
How can I learn more?
Contact your Fleet and Family Support Center to request FREE crisis preparedness information and Red Cross "Prepare for Emergencies" after "any sort of crisis"
What does Fleet and Family Support Center (FFSC) provide during a crises?
- Family Information Call Center (FICC): A 24/7 information and referral telphone line will be established for military family members during a crisis.
- Emergency Family Assistance Center (EFAC): A one-stop-shop for legal services, resources and information.
- Mobile Outreach Teams (MOTs): FFSC deploys staff to all areas where needed.
- Navy Family Accountability & Assessment System (NFAAS): FFSC Case Managers respond to NFAAS assessments completed by Sailors, DoD civilians, and their families. Case management is provided until all crisis-related resources are resolved.
- Annually Update:
- All Important Paperwork
- Personnel Records
- Defense Eligibility and Enrollment Reporting System (DEERS) database records
- NFAAS database records
- and all other military and civilian databases
- Stay informed about the community. A small fire in the corner of the county can be a major problem in a matter of hours.
- Build a kit! Check out www.ready.navy.mil for tips on how to make your kit.
- Make a plan! Check out www.ready.navy.mil for tips on how to make a plan.
- Practice drills with your loved ones several times each year, to make sure your skills are sharp.
- Keep your skills sharp. Contact FFSC for one-on-one or group disaster preparedness training.